Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Reflection

A wonderful event in my life that brought change to my life was a retreat. This event was held in the mountains at Big Bear city I learned to forget about my past. Before this retreat I was lost I did'nt respect my family or the world. Then I saw God in a way that changed my way of thinking I matured and learned to respect others to be respected. I was walked trough various obstacle that should me God's way. Doing good was'nt a bad thing for me anymore. That was one of my biggest fear when I would be around my friends. As a result of all the good I learned leaving my friends was for the best. Thanks to God I'm now a changed man I never thought changing would make me as happy as I am know.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I also experienced a spiritual retreat during my senior year in high school. We had to isolate ourselves, no phones no watches no nothing. It was our time to mediate and thank God and our parents for doing everything they do for us. I think by doing this it helps us out in the long run. We come out of that retreat a changed person, and i agree.

kevin said...

I had a retreat in high school and I had no phones no nothing except I did have an bipod. I learned a lot of things that weekend. I thought going there would be such a bad thing but really it wasn’t bad at all. I liked when you said you came out as a changed man. I felt changed also when I came out even if I went back to the same bad habits but not all of them. This was a good change for me after all and there was nothing to regret.

zack said...

That's awesome that you found respect for your family. I know that is one of the most important thing for me. I know how hard it is to stand up to your friends and try to leave, I had a similar case myself. Congradulations on finding God, that is a goodf thing to have in your life. Hopefully you can continue what you have started.

JContreras064 said...

I liked this, I think its great how you found respect for your family. To me family is my number one priority, because I know that they deeply care for me. I also experienced a retreat while I was in high school. It helped me get closer to God and appreciate all the great things I have in life. Keep improving everyday and stay happy, because life and family are happy things to be about.